Contribute to RDO
Help us make the RDO community site a great place for users and cloud operators in the Red Hat ecosystem. There are many ways to contribute to RDO, some of which are detailed below.
Our community strives to operate according to the terms of the OpenStack Code of Conduct.
If you're just getting started, and are looking for a little help, consult our mentors list.
Come chat in real-time with RDO users on IRC on the Freenode server:
- #rdo: Discussion around RDO in general (transcripts)
- #rdo-puppet: Discussion around deploying RDO with Packstack and it's puppet modules
- #openstack: Discussion around OpenStack with the broader OpenStack community
- #centos-devel: Discussion around the CentOS Cloud Special Interest Group (SIG)
We have weekly IRC meetings you can participate in:
- RDO meetings @ every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC on #rdo
- CentOS Cloud SIG meetings @ every Thursday at 15:00 UTC on #centos-devel
Join us for various events around the world. Organize your own meetup. If you run a meetup group, or if you're speaking at a meetup here's some of the ways we can help out.
Ask and answer
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for answers to common questions
- Try our troubleshooting page for solutions to common problems
- Watch RDO videos. These include recorded talks and community events.
- Help improve our knowledge base by turning the best answers to questions on the mailing lists or on ask.openstack.org into a page in our troubleshooting section. In case of ask.openstack.org, a link might be sufficient.
- Blog about how you're using RDO. If you blog frequently about RDO and OpenStack, consider requesting that your blog be added to the upstream Planet OpenStack.
- Fork the website on Github and help us improve our documentation.
Join the ask.openstack community to ask and answer questions. The site ask.openstack is the upstream Q&A for all manner of OpenStack issues.
- Search ask.openstack to find previous discussions on the topic.
- If you ask a new question, consider adding the tag “rdo” to it. You can use this link to add a new question with this tag.
- Find all questions on ask.openstack related to RDO.
- If you're a frequent poster on ask.openstack and wish to identify yourself as part of the RDO community, consider adding the RDO logo to your avatar, like Lars: https://ask.openstack.org/en/users/1745/larsks/ .
Help improve the documentation and website! The main pages for contributed content are documentation, troubleshooting and user stories.
- Take a look at the open issues list: https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website/issues
- Update this or another page by submitting pull requests to the https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website repo, or by clicking the
Edit on Githubbanner at the top right.
- Fork the whole website: https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website
Here are a few guidelines for contributing new content to the website:
- Please search first to check if there is a similar page which you can update.
- Use normal English case for page names. Get involved is correct, Get Involved is not.
- Please keep the website content connected! When you add a new page, add a link to it from the appropriate page(s).